7.14.2011

Overjoyed.

"Overjoyed"
Should I feel overjoyed, that you've found your love in someone else's arms?
Does he hold your fiery heart like a rose in the palm of his hand?
If we had built these walls from something stronger, something never meant to fall,
would it be secure? Or is it the foundation that is tearing it apart?
Does time compose love, or make it grow old?
We will never really know, we keep closing the door.
Does God make peace, or do we make our own?
We will never really know, we'll just suffer the cold.

Should I feel overjoyed that someone stronger keeps you from ever being alone?
I feel overwhelmed at the fear of my father coming out.
What's even more insane, I refuse not being inspired by pain.
Am I a foolish son? Do I love, or do I hate what I've become?

Does love heal wounds, or does it make them grow?
We will never really know, we keep closing the door.
Does God make peace, or do we save our own souls?
We'll never even know, we just suffer the cold.
If passion warms hearts, what then makes them cold ?
We will never really know, we'll keep closing the door.
I don't even know how long i've been gone.
Symmetry/Symmetry

2 Comments:

Blogger caesar607 said...

Beautiful poem. Well written, inspiring and thought provoking.

01:25  
Blogger (null) said...

Thank you, I look forward to 'An artist's life'

14:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home